Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Pinay Work at home Mom and Joel Christopher

As a Pinay work at home mom, it really is a struggle to find ways on how to earn online. Like I mentioned in a previous blog entry, I started to scour the net for a money making opportunity way back in 2000. Got really frustrated because during that time, being based in the Philippines meant that I cannot get a Paypal account or Clickbank.

I tried to be on the list of most of the professed guru and when I wrote to them about my dilemma, their response was usually not favorable.

I really wanted to give up!

But part of me still wanted to believe that it is possible for a Pinay to work at home.

I know that I need to have a mentor in order to succeed online. Not just any mentor, though. I need a Pinoy mentor.

Finally while browsing through some forum I saw someone commenting that Joel Christopher is a Filipino. I've encountered his name before through the newsletters and I knew how successful he is in his niche and even heralded by most as the masterlistbuilder. With such an American sounding name, I didn't have a slightest clue that he is a Pinoy.

Part of me knew that my quest for a Pinoy mentor has ended and yet another part doubted if he would even respond to my email.

Joel Christopher finally responded and I was ecstatic! That was in 2007.

He subjected me to lots of tests - most of which I never even had an inkling that I was being tested - before he agreed to be my mentor.

Learned a lot but not enough yet to succeed. Not that it was Joel Christopher's fault but it was mine alone. I drifted in and out of his mentorship program and lacked one important thing - FOCUS.

Right now I have already completed Phase 1 (yehey!!!) of Joel Christopher's Apprenticeship Program. Five more Phases or Levels to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment