Saturday, September 6, 2008

Work-at-Home Mom Tip #1 : Focus, Focus, Focus

It is nice working from home. It is, however, doubly hard if you are a work-at-home mom.

Those who are single, and even dads working from home still have things easily. If they decide to start working all they have to do is sit by the computer and pound on the keys. They can just inform people that they don't want to be bothered and that's it.

Not so for work-at-home moms. Multi tasking is more the rule rather than the exception.

I remember one time I needed to finish a particular job ... I was nursing my baby using one arm, pounding the computer keys with the other hand, and listening to my two other kids as they excitedly narrated what they watched on TV.

I could go on and on complaining and enumerating the thousand and one ways of how hard it is for a mom to work-at-home but, just as my mentor said, when you want to earn online,"I want RESULTS not REASONS!"

So be it.

For all work-at-home moms out there, for you to be successful you really need to FOCUS, FOCUS and FOCUS.

What will motivate you to continue and not be sidetracked? Always keep in mind the reason why you are doing this. If your goal is to earn $1,000 passive, residual income, then let that be your motivator.

It's hard, I know, but it is not impossible. Remember to keep your eyes glued to your goal and eventually you will get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment